Monday, October 19, 2009

Having a Hard Time with a Counter

Everyone has a really cool hit counter on their blog.  Of course, even though I don't have any readers yet, I still want a hit counter.  So I did a bit of research.  There is no option that I could find within Blogger to place a hit counter on a blog.  Blogger's gadgets allow me to place a random photo of a "hot" Hollywood star on my blog (refreshable with every click), or a photo of Mr. T of A-Team fame, or even a random tip, quote, fact or advice about love.  Alas, the lowly hit counter has been locked out.

So I Googled hit counters and came up with several sites that have many varied counters to choose from.  I selected one, went through the registration process and received my HTML code for the counter of my choice.  All this work only to find out that it isn't supported in any way that I can see.  The site I chose recommended that I embed the code where ever I would like the counter to show up.  What they didn't tell me was that Blogger doesn't allow this. *sigh*

So, in my fantastic ignorance I've been forced to place it just below the description of my blog.  Never fear, I'll continue to try to figure it out.  But if anyone out there would like to offer me some advice I'm not too humble to accept. 

Thanks for reading.  Have a great day.

No comments: